[rkward-users] [Help] RE: Error Starting R- RKward

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Apr 22 08:17:48 UTC 2011

The following forum message was posted by tfry at http://sourceforge.net/projects/rkward/forums/forum/165574/topic/4497074:

Hi Sourav,

note that you can also post to the rkward-users mailing-list, instead (but let's
keep this thread on the forum, so anybody running into the same problem will
be able to find all posts).

Somehow it looks like the directory where rkward can store files is configured
as "/". Go to Settings->Configure RKWard->General, and change the top-most setting
to something valid (default is /home/USERNAME/.rkward/). Then restart RKWard.
I think that should solve most (if not all) issues you are seeing.

I can't think of any way that recent changes in the development version could
have caused the setting to be broken. Do you think it's possible that you changed
this setting, yourself, accidentally? (Obviously we should have some better
error-handling at this point, though).