[rkward-users] network proxy

Mischa Vreeburg m.d.vreeburg at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 22:23:31 UTC 2010

I tried the NO_PROXY="127.0.0.1" rkward line. It didn't work.
I set the proxy in both gnome-network-properties and in /etc/profile.d/proxy.sh.

The output of .rk.getHelpBaseUrl() is in rkward :
Error in tools::startDynamicHelp() : server already running
[1] "http://127.0.0.1:24203"

The error I get when running any help command

The requested operation could not be completed
Connection to server refused

Details of the Request:
Date and time:
Additional information :XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX: Timeout for socket operation

Description

The server 127.0.0.1 refused to allow this computer to make a connection.

Using firefox with the setting use system settings for proxy
I get "Only NEWS and URLs under /doc and /library are allowed"
With konquerer I get the same error.

It seems KDE is only picking up the setting in /etc/profile.d.
when I start konquerer with the no_proxy line I get
also the same error. I think it is an error with kde

I indeed use your daily builds.

Regards,

Mischa

--