[rkward-users] Console printing behavior

Gilles San Martin gilles.sanmartin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 21:17:21 UTC 2010

Thanks for your reply

Sadly I don't know anything about C++ (just a little bit of R)
I will add it to the feature request tracker.

I don't find the copy paste to the console so slow relative to a normal
R console (but the rkward "run" commands are effectively extremely rapid).
I was using this with kate (with the command : tools/redirect to the
console when Konsole is embedded in Kate).
It could maybe be an easy temporary solution to add a button/command
that do the whole stuf : copy from the script, paste in the console and
add a "carriage return" to be sure that the last line of code is executed.

I tried to hold the shift+F7 approach. It works more or less fine but it
seems to have a small bug.
When the execution of one line (command) is long, rkward print the
following command(s) in green and without the prompt as if it was an R
print/error message etc... instead of the normal syntaxic coloration
with the prompt. But these "green" commands seems to be nevertheless
executed. Some times each of these commands is executed 2 times (but I
was not able to reproduce this artificially).
I had this problem with a series of "pairs" graphs.

Here is an example that reproduce the bug (but not  the double
execution) if you hold shift + F6.

data <- matrix (rnorm(3000), 100, 30)

pairs(data[,1:10])
pairs(data[,11:20])