[rkward-users] search tool: conflict between shortcuts... in french version

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sat May 22 18:01:44 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Friday 21 May 2010, Matthieu Stigler wrote:
> It seems there is a conflicft for shortcuts in the search tool... "Next"
> has _N as well as "Fenetres" (windows). It is a really minor issue
> but... any solution?

hm. Alt+Letter conflicts are a common problem in translations, unfortunately. I
don't think there is an easy solution to this. But you could modify the french
translation (po/fr.po) to use a different accelerator for "Fenetres". E.g. to
set the shortcut to Alt+T, translate "&Windows" as "Fene&tres".

I believe that you cannot change the accelerator for "Next", as it comes from
katepart. Also, if the accelerator you assign conflicts with any other menu-
accelerator, KDE will pick some other key for you (but it is not always smart
about that).