[rkward-users] rkward installation on windows server 2003

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue May 11 10:46:39 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Tuesday 11 May 2010, Nicolas Papanicolaou wrote:
> I run it from a user's account and do not get any error message. it justs
> hungs:
>
> C:\Program Files\KDE\bin>rkward.bat
> create process "C:\PROGRA~1\KDE\bin\dbus-daemon.exe"
> "C:\PROGRA~1\KDE\bin\dbus-daemon.exe"  --session
>
> .....and does not start anything.

ok. I can think of two potential causes:
1) Some half-crashed dbus-daemon is already running, and a second one cannot
be started. Before anything else, try whether it works after rebooting, or
after clearing out any dbus-daemon processes.
2) Users just cannot start a dbus-daemon at all due to permission problems.
Hmm. Not sure, where to look, as I'm not too familiar with windows
administration, but perhaps you have an idea, yourself. You could ask for
ideas on kde-windows at kde.org , as this problem will almost certainly affect all
KDE applications, not only RKWard (you could also try kwrite.exe, for
example).