[rkward-users] [Help] RE: How do I create matrix error bars?

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue May 11 10:35:56 UTC 2010

The following forum message was posted by tfry at http://sourceforge.net/projects/rkward/forums/forum/165574/topic/3704541:

[quote]I don\'t like to calculate the averages and make error bars. does this application do this?[/quote]

Well, yes and no. As you may be aware, RKWard is a graphical frontend to R. R can do pretty much any plot that you could dream of, but we only provide point-and-click dialogs for some very few plots, so far. Eventually we will have a point-and-click dialog for this sort of plot. At the moment we don\'t.

Here\'s one approach, which I think is close to what you\'re looking for. Re-arrange your data to long format:
[code]
  time measure
       1             2.1
       1             3.3
       2             1.7
       2             1.6
[/code]

Then, in the R Console enter
[code]boxplot (measure ~ time, data=my.data)[/code]

Feel free to ask further questions, here. However, the best place to ask for advice on R code is \"R-help\": http://www.r-project.org/mail.html .