[rkward-users] rkward installation on windows server 2003

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue May 11 07:37:01 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Tuesday 11 May 2010, Nicolas Papanicolaou wrote:
> I installed R and RKward on windows server 2003 (through administrator
> account).
> R is available for all users on that server but RKward is not. I tried the
> same shortcut that starts RKward, through some other account (i.e. running
> "C:\Program Files\KDE\bin\rkward.bat") but it did not start it

interesting. In theory this should work (see also
http://sourceforge.net/projects/rkward/forums/forum/165574/topic/3692612).
Could you try running this on the command line (cmd.exe)? That might show an
error message to help us track this down.

> how do i make RKward available for other users on the same machine ?

The installer is not smart enough to figure out, whether it has administrator
privileges, and therefore it just installs a shortcut on the current user's
desktop. You could simply copy RKWard.lnk from the Administrator's desktop to
the desktop-folder below "All Users".