[rkward-users] Mac OS X user

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Jun 16 07:05:59 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Tuesday 15 June 2010, Zoe Demery wrote:
> I'm quite a newbie with R and thought that RKWard looked like quite an
> easy interface to get into it.  I've tried installing it on my MacBook
> (Snow Leopard) following your instructions.  However, I cannot install
> kdelibs.  It gives two options to choose from but neither work.  Any ideas?

thanks for giving this a try. We attempted to get RKWard installed based on
KDE from fink a few weeks ago. Installing kdelibs was not a problem, then, so
Roel, if you are still around, perhaps you can comment on this.

Note that we were not able to figure out the parameters needed to pass to
cmake, so we did not manage to compile RKWard. If you want to give this
another try, I certainly don't want to stop you. But note that figuring out all
steps is not going to be easy. So if you want a quick solution that just
works, RKWard on the Mac is not currently what you are looking for.

--

Still reading on? Here are some more notes about RKWard on the Mac.
- It might be possible to run the Windows version under wine

P.S.: Recently, a friend has offered to give me ssh-access to his mac, and I'm
confident that will allow me to figure out the required parameters. However, he
is in the middle of moving, the mac is stashed away, and it may be some more
weeks, before he gets around to set it up.