[rkward-users] [Help] RE: how to direct output to the welcome window

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Jun 8 10:20:24 UTC 2010

The following forum message was posted by tfry at http://sourceforge.net/projects/rkward/forums/forum/165574/topic/3734259:

Hi,

[quote]is it possible to direct command output to the window where the welcome message is shown?[/quote]

if you mean the welcome window itself, no, that is read-only. You could modify the text in there by editing [kde_data_dir]/apps/rkward/pages/rkward_welcome.rkh , if you really want to. If you mean the output window (which is shown in the same area of the main window by default), take a look at the functions rk.print(), rk.print.literal(), rk.header(), and rk.results(). Currently this is undocumented, but I think they will be easy to figure out.

[quote]also, can I start the R console automatically when I start Rkward?[/quote]

The show/hide status of the tool windows is not saved, yet. This will be implemented, eventually, but there\'s always a lot of work to do... You could invoke rkward like this:
[code]rkward --evaluate \'print(\"Hello\")\'[/code]
This has the side-effect of bringing up the console (but not the workspace browser).

Hope this helps.