[rkward-users] Some progress on the Mac

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Jul 19 13:14:47 UTC 2010

Hi,

recently several people have tried (and failed) to install RKWard on the Mac.
Now a friend has given me ssh-access to his mac, and after some trial-and-
error, I have sucessfully compiled rkward on the Mac.

I have not done any decent testing, yet, since working remotely with X11 over
SSH is painfully slow, but it appears to work, too. Note that rkward hung at
startup for me twice, which may be due to some Mac or SSH-specific problem.
Probably there *are* some further problems, and I'll try to investigate those
as time allows. However, I did not want to wait before letting you know that
rkward finally *can* be installed on the Mac.

Updated instructions are available at
https://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/rkward/index.php?title=RKWard_on_Mac .

I believe the key missing step was to run ". /sw/sbin/kde4-buildenv.sh" (note
the dot and space at the start of the command). You will also need to use an
up-to-date svn checkout of rkward.