[rkward-users] [Help] RE: Install from source on ML 2010.1

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sat Dec 18 11:32:11 UTC 2010

The following forum message was posted by tfry at http://sourceforge.net/projects/rkward/forums/forum/165574/topic/4014040:

[quote]> setwd('/penguin/mhudson/CTC/Rachel/shrinkage')
Error in setwd("/penguin/mhudson/CTC/Rachel/shrinkage") :
  cannot change working directory[/quote]

Interesting. I suppose that directory does exist, and you have permission to
enter it? Same problem for any directory (try setwd('/tmp'), for instance?

[quote]Error: unprotect(): only 1 protected items[/quote]

Yes, that's the error that you get when using R 2.12.0 with rkward 0.5.3. So
you still need to compile rkward 0.5.4, again. However, I am confident that
this time it will work, correctly (don't forget to remove CMakeCache.txt in
the rkward build directory).

[quote]While I found the src.rpm package I don't know how to determine
the config-flags of the source. Do I install the RPM, then untar the tgz component,
and then search?  It may not be relevant anymore, anyway.[/quote]

I use Debian myself, so I don't know too much about handling RPMs. Perhaps this
page http://bradthemad.org/tech/notes/patching_rpms.php is helpful. The instructions
for configuring and compiling are in the .spec file that should be contained
in the src.rpm.