[rkward-users] [Help] RE: Cannot install packages from within RKward

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Dec 16 10:36:24 UTC 2010

The following forum message was posted by tfry at http://sourceforge.net/projects/rkward/forums/forum/165574/topic/4014364:

Hm, that's puzzling. That looks all correct.

I've tried something in the development version, but I'm not sure it will help.
Could you try building from SVN, or using tomorrow's daily build
(https://launchpad.net/~rkward-devel/+archive/rkward-dailys)?

If case it still does not work, could you try this?
- Start package installation again. Do not enter/click anything in the password
dialog.
- "grep" for "kdesu" again, as before.
- Run the command that you found (i.e. this would have been
[code]/usr/lib/kde4/libexec/kdesu -t /usr/bin/R CMD R --no-save <
/home/alobo/.rkward/install_script.R[/code]
in the above case).
- What happens?