[rkward-users] opening graphik window with predefined size in Rkward

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Aug 2 09:39:31 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Sunday 25 July 2010, Jannis wrote:
> does anybody of you know how to open a graphics window (under windows) with
> a predefined size?
>
> Running:
>

> windows(width=3,height=3)
>
> opens a window under Rkward, but the size settings only seem to have an
> influence above a certain threshhold. With very small settings, always
> some default sized window is opened (though it is shifted out of the
> visible screen area). There are some settings for the graphics output in
> Rkward, but they do not seem to have any effect on my problem.
>

> Any suggestions? Is this a bug?

well, yes, this is a bug, but it will be rather hard to fix. What happens is
that the window is sized up to make the menu bar fit.

If it's essential to have a window of that specific small size, then you could
use
    grDevices::windows(...)
instead. RKWard will not touch the window in this case (but also, the window
will not get the RKWard menu).

You may also want to report this as a bug in our tracker
(https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=50231&atid=459007), but again, this
will be hard or even impossible to fix.