[rkward-users] Help on rKward

Ronaldo Reis Junior chrysopa at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 13:09:38 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm testing rKward and it's become a great GUI for R on linux, mainly
for new linux users. I'm not a new linux user and I use Emacs for my own
R's script. But I always try new GUIs or IDEs for to recommend to my
students. The most dificult for new R and Linux users is: I have
installed R on my linux but I dont found the R icon. This happen because
R on linux have only the R-Console in your basic installation. After
this barrier, users can install JGR, Rcmdr, etc. Anyway rKward is the
best way to new Linux users start to use R. Lets go to my specific problem.

The problem is the use of rKward for the heavy R user but new Linux
user. Heavy R user dont use menus (they use rKward most like a script
IDE than R GUI) and normally dont need to use the rKward output, made
automatically by using rKward menus or manually using rk.print() and
rk.header() function. They normally use sweave or a ascii output with
comments. That is my problem? Exist anyway to save my ascii output from
rKward to a file without need to use the copy and paste function?

Thanks a lot.
Inte
Ronaldo

--
14ª lei - Geralmente, só quando você puder publicar seus resultados,
           eles são bons o suficiente para fazer parte de sua dissertação.

       --Herman, I. P. 2007. Following the law. NATURE, Vol 445, p. 228.