[rkward-users] rkward as a scripting ide

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Oct 27 14:52:00 UTC 2009

Hello,

On Monday 26 October 2009, José Tomás Atria wrote:
> first, i have experienced some weird behaviour when it comes to
> changing focus from script editor to console to graphics device, etc,

various versions of RKWard had various problems with focus handling. Your first
attempt should be to upgrade to 0.5.2, which had at least one related bug
fixed. If this is not an option, or the problem persists, please post the
version number of rkward you are using. Also, if you can find a way to
reproduce the problem reliably, that would really be helpful in tracking down
the problem.

> second, every time i start rkward, i rearrange the gui in order to
> have file and env explorer on the left side, script/help/output/nav in
> the main window, and console and log on the right side. having to
> rearrange by hand everytime is getting old rather quickly. is there
> any form to save this configuration as default layout?

Unfortunately, not yet, no. If you'd like to dig into the sources and provide
a patch, we'd be happy to accept that. Otherwise, this will be implemented
some day, but that may take an unknown amount of time.