[rkward-users] rkward runnng problem

meik michalke Meik.Michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Thu Nov 5 12:39:59 UTC 2009

hi,

Am Donnerstag, 5. November 2009 12:47:58 schrieb Gourab:
> I am a newbie in linux and R. I installed Kubuntu 9.10 on my laptop and
> installed R(built from source) and then RKWARD following the instructions.

could you be more specific which instructions you mean exactly? some more
information needed to track down the problem:
 - which version of R and rkward did you install?
 - what directory were they intalled to

that is, what do you get by calling these commands:
 R --version
 which R
 rkward --version
 which rkward

if you're using ubuntu, is there a specific reason why you built the software
from source? it's much easier and less error-prone to use precompiled packages
from a repository, especially if you're new to GNU/linux. but if you see this
as a learning experience, go on ;-)

but be careful not to mess up your package management:

> I deleted all the old R executable file that I had in my computer before
> installing the new R from source.

what do you mean by "delete"? did you remove it via your package management
(e.g., apt-get, aptitude, synaptic, adept or something similar) or delete
individual files by hand from your hard drive? if the latter, you should never
ever do that to files that were installed by the package system!

please give us some more information, that we can look into your problem :-)

viele grüße :: m.eik

--
  dipl. psych. meik michalke
  heinrich-heine-universit"at d"usseldorf