[rkward-users] RKWard 0.5.1-pre2: First preview of RKWard on Windows

I. Soumpasis nono.231 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 16:35:07 UTC 2009

Hi!

2009/6/17 Thomas Friedrichsmeier <thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de>

> On Wednesday 17 June 2009, I. Soumpasis wrote:
> > Again the same problem here. It seems to me that the space of Program
> Files
> > is responsible somehow.
>
> As a last attempt you could further shorten that line to
>     "%R_BINARY%" CMD "%RKWARD.BIN%" %1 %2 %3 %4 %5
> (BTW, what is the value that gets assigned to R_BINARY on line 10 of the
> script?).

 No luck again. The value is
SET R_BINARY=C:\Program Files\R\bin\R.exe

> If that still does not work, then what happens, when you enter
>    "C:\your_path_to_R\bin\R.exe" CMD
> "C:\your_path_to_KDE\bin\rkward.bin.exe"
> in a command shell?

 No it doesn't work.  I get the "C:\ program" is not recognized as an
internal or external command. I made a research on this. The problem is the
rkward part. I tried
"C:\Program Files\R\bin\R.exe" CMD "C:\Progra~1\KDE\bin\rkward.bin.exe"
and
"C:\Program Files\R\bin\R.exe" CMD C:\Progra~1\KDE\bin\rkward.bin.exe

and both work.

I think this the reason that Prasenjit's installation works, becaause the
path is in C:\KDE (no space).

I changed line 13 to
SET RKWARD.BIN=C:\Progra~1\KDE2\bin\rkward.bin.exe

and it works. But this is not a solution because it is an absolute path.

> BTW, do you get an icon on the desktop with the new installer
> (0.5.1-pre2b)?

Yes this works. :)

Regards,
Ilias