[rkward-users] RKWard 0.5.1-pre2: First preview of RKWard on Windows

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Jun 17 11:14:37 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 17 June 2009, I. Soumpasis wrote:
> Again the same problem here. It seems to me that the space of Program Files
> is responsible somehow.

As a last attempt you could further shorten that line to
    "%R_BINARY%" CMD "%RKWARD.BIN%" %1 %2 %3 %4 %5
(BTW, what is the value that gets assigned to R_BINARY on line 10 of the
script?).

If that still does not work, then what happens, when you enter
    "C:\your_path_to_R\bin\R.exe" CMD "C:\your_path_to_KDE\bin\rkward.bin.exe"
in a command shell?

> I did the procedure. Now there is another problem. It cannot find R.dll.
> However when I installed it, it was found in the checks. R version 2.9.0.

But that's when you try to invoke rkward.bin.exe directly, right? That is to
be expected. That's what rkward.bat is supposed to take care of.

BTW, do you get an icon on the desktop with the new installer (0.5.1-pre2b)?