[rkward-users] [rkward-devel] RKWard 0.5.1-pre2: First preview of RKWard on Windows

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Jun 17 14:28:10 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Wednesday 17 June 2009, Prasenjit Kapat wrote:
> This is a great news... I tried this exe and it "works." In brief the
> process was:

I'm glad to hear at least one person got this far. BTW, there is a rudimentary
page in the wiki:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/rkward/index.php?title=RKWard_on_Windows
perhaps you could all help documenting the required steps, since installation
really is a bit difficult ATM.

> 2. KDE - with many devel files - at least the ones that seemed
> relevant to me. This took a LONG time.

In theory you should not need any devel files (but keep them, now that you have
installed them. Perhaps a bit later you can try to set things up so you can
compile from source on windows (if you're feeling adventurous, take a look at
windows_nsis/make_release.bat in SVN. This is the script that I'm running to
create the release/installer).

Since Illias ran into problems at this point: Did you chose the MinGW compiler
mode or MSVC? I just don't know, whether or not that should work as well,
that's why I'm asking.

> I searched for libtexteditor.dll, but did not find any under KDE (on
> XP) installation (I  used C:\KDE4).

In fact it's called libktexteditor.dll.a , here.

> But the php is giving some errors. I'll take that up on a separate
> thread with a screenshot.

Ok, the next version of the installer is up:
http://rkward.sourceforge.net/temp/install_rkward_0.5.1-pre2c.exe