[rkward-users] [R] RKWard: R backend requests information

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Jun 2 20:55:59 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Tuesday 02 June 2009, AG wrote:
> Thanks for the notice on 2.9.  Does this suggest that this is better
> taken up with Debian maintainers ?  Not wanting to start a flame war,
> just a genuine query.  If it's my distro's issue, then I'll take it back
> there, otherwise they may not know.  Testing is a little bouncy right
> now, so it could well already be on their todo list.
>
> Thanks for the prompt comeback.

this issue was a problem in rkward. In rkward itself it has been fixed since a
while (version 0.5.0c to be precise). Debian unstable also has a fixed package
(0.5.0d-3), already. However, as is the nature of debian testing, it takes a
while until the fixed package makes it to testing, and when exactly this will
happen is unknown. You can take a look at
http://packages.qa.debian.org/r/rkward.html to track the status of the
package, but there is no way to speed up this process.

To use rkward now, you can:
- follow the instructions for Debian & derivatives on
http://apps.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/rkward/index.php?title=Binaries_and_Build_Scripts
or
- follow the generic instructions on building RKWard from source:
http://apps.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/rkward/index.php?title=Building_RKWard_From_Source

Let us know, if you need further help.