[rkward-users] [R] RKWard: R backend requests information

AG computing.account at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 2 19:02:33 UTC 2009

K. Elo wrote:
> Hi!
>
> The current version of rkward does not work with R 2.9. The only
> solution is - until a fixed version is published for Debian - to
> downgrade to R 2.8 if You like to use rkward.
>
> See also:
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2708787&group_id=50231&atid=459007
> (So they have already fixed this, but...)
>
> HTH,
> KE
>
> AG wrote:
>
>> Hello List
>>
>> I've decided to dive into R and found a useful GUI for GNU/Linux (Debian
>> testing/ Squeeze) called RKWard.  However, when I fire it up a dialog
>> box appears with the statement "R backend requests information".  I have
>> tried entering the path to the R libraries (e.g. /usr/bin/R; /etc/R; and
>> so on) but none of these work, and the darn thing won't go away without
>> killing the entire program.  It also will not allow me to by-pass it,
>> nor access any help files, etc.  Does anyone know just what "backends"
>> it is looking for?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> AG

Thanks for the notice on 2.9.  Does this suggest that this is better
taken up with Debian maintainers ?  Not wanting to start a flame war,
just a genuine query.  If it's my distro's issue, then I'll take it back
there, otherwise they may not know.  Testing is a little bouncy right
now, so it could well already be on their todo list.

Thanks for the prompt comeback.

AG