[rkward-users] editor window loses focus after execution (with autocompletion)

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Apr 25 15:18:29 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Sunday 20 April 2008, Albert Greinoecker wrote:
> I'm using rkward 0.4.8 (Using KDE 3.5.6) on Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn. I
> think it's really great software, there's just one annoying thing which
> I'm struggling with:
> When running a statement created by autocompletion (and the tooltip is
> still visible), the editor window loses focus after completion of the
> statement, which has the consequences that copy/paste goes to the
> console window and no scripts can be executed anymore. My unsatisfying
> workaround is klicking a few times between console and editor window. Is
> there a way get rid of this problem?

various focus problems have been around for quite some time. Some have been
fixed at one time or another (so you might try 0.4.9a to see if there is any
improvement), but it's never been quite perfect.

Things seem to have improved considerably in the KDE 4 port (versions 0.5.0
and above), so if you can install that, this will probably solve the issue
(you can run rkward 0.5.0 in a KDE 3.5.x session, you only need to have the
KDE 4 libraries installed).