[rkward-users] First preview of rkward 0.4.9 / release timeline

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sun Dec 30 15:30:12 UTC 2007

Hi,

a first preview release of RKWard 0.4.9 (for KDE 3) can be found at
http://rkward.sourceforge.net/temp/rkward-0.4.9pre1.tar.gz . If you have some
time, please download this and do some testing.

-- Relase timeline --

I think the 0.4.9 release is in fairly good shape already, and probably no
second preview release will be needed (unless serious issues turn up). Still,
since we're in the middle of the year-end holiday season, we should go
slowly, and target a release on or around Monday, January 14 2008.

Until then:

-- Translators --

No changes in translatable strings are expected until the release, so you can
go ahead and start working on your translations, now. As usual the .po
and .pot files can be found in the subdirectory "po" of the preview release.
Please try to submit your translations no later than Friday, January 11 2008.

-- Developers --

There will be no strict ban on plugin changes, but please commit only trivial
changes, or post the diff to the development mailing list before comitting.
Please also review the ChangeLog and
http://rkward.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?title=Development_Status_of_Plugins ,
and add any missing information that you are aware of. Commit your changes
either to trunk (which is the KDE 4 version, now), or directly to the 0.4.9
release branch (see the previous mail).

-- 0.5.0 release --

I'll prepare a preview release of 0.5.0 (for KDE 4) in a few days (i.e. first
week of January). I think a release one week after 0.4.9 (i.e. on or around
January 21) will be realistic. More specific instructions will follow, then.
It would be nice, if developers could give me an estimate (in private mail)
on when they will be able to switch to KDE 4, so we can work out a reasonable
way to coordinate development during the transition phase.

Regards, and a happy new year!