MR about syntax highlighting

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at kdemail.net
Wed Oct 18 17:36:44 BST 2023

Hi,

On Sun, 15 Oct 2023 20:35:18 +0200
Pierre de Villemereuil <p.dv at mailo.fr> wrote:

> I managed to rebase, but it seems I ran into trouble, it's still
> saying it won't merge on the GitLab. Apparently, it wants to
> re-commit everything, not sure what I can do to fix this?

Frankly, I'm not sure about the best way out. As a tip for future MRs,
though: Always start your work in a dedicated branch. That's the way git
expects you to work, and for which it's usually easy to fix any
trouble. (And yes, I've learned that the hard way, too.)

I tried re-creating a clean version of your MR:
https://invent.kde.org/education/rkward/-/merge_requests/28/commits
Could you check that everything is as expected?

> > - I'm somewhat concerned about the syntax definition diverging ever
> >   more from the "regular" R.xml. Your MR does not really make the
> >   problem worse, but eventually we should take a look into
> >   synchronizing the two.
>
> I can have a look into this at some point if you want? It is an itch
> I've been wanting to scratch as well.

That would be very welcome!