MR about syntax highlighting

Pierre de Villemereuil p.dv at mailo.fr
Sun Oct 15 19:35:18 BST 2023

Hi Thomas,

Sorry for so much time to get back to you.

> While on your branch, you will want to do
>  rebase master
> that will result in a conflict that you will have to fix, manually
> (nothing complex, I just added machine readable copyright info in the
> header).
>
> If you run into trouble, I can help out.

I managed to rebase, but it seems I ran into trouble, it's still saying it won't merge on the GitLab. Apparently, it wants to re-commit everything, not sure what I can do to fix this?

> - I still like most of this.

Great to hear this!

> - I'm a little undecided on the portions that look for potentially
>   locatized string ("Error", "information", but also "A
>   tibble").

This stuff is not localised in the tidyverse either (I checked), so this should not be a problem.

> - I'm somewhat concerned about the syntax definition diverging ever
>   more from the "regular" R.xml. Your MR does not really make the
>   problem worse, but eventually we should take a look into
>   synchronizing the two.

I can have a look into this at some point if you want? It is an itch I've been wanting to scratch as well.

> - There appear to be some common rules between tibble and "normal"
>   output. Could those be factored out into a common context
>   (IncludeRules)?

This is done in a new commit.

> - One thing I would like to ask you to add is an example/demo file
>   that shows off most features, so it will be easier to catch any
>   regressions when doing changes in the future.

I'll work on this.

Cheers,
Pierre