Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.6

Anders Fridberger anders.fridberger at liu.se
Thu Jul 28 11:40:21 BST 2022

Hello
I'm trying to make rkward run on Red Hat Enterprise 8.6. After installing the required libraries:

cmake .. -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debugall -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local
followed by make and sudo make install works fine and the GUI launches as expected.

However, it then pops up the RKWard setup assistant dialog box, with the text "Waiting for the R backend..."

It never moves on from there. Running at debug level 5 and examining the rkward.rbackend log file reveals that R (version 4.1.3) starts normally. But after a while it produces the following:

Trace: /data/home/anders/Coding/rkward-0.7.4/rkward/rbackend/rkrbackend.cpp - function RWriteConsoleEx line 452
raw output type 1, size 64: Error: C stack usage  140732860255884 is too close to the limit

and then it dies. I attach the log files.

The R version is 4.1.3, it is running on Red Hat Enterprise 8.6 using kernel 4.18.0-372.16.1.el8_6.x86_64
The rkward version is 0.7.4

Would much appreciate hints on what I can do to make it work. Rkward seems like a really nice program and it would be great to have it running.

Best regards
Anders Fridberger