Conda?

Stefan Rödiger [BTU] stefan.roediger at b-tu.de
Fri Feb 18 09:19:46 GMT 2022

On Dienstag, 15. Februar 2022 11:19:17 CET Charlotte H. wrote:
> Dear rkward developers,

Dear Charlotte

> I really like Rkward,

Great to hear!

> but since I work on several projects
> simultaneously, I use conda a lot.

That is understandable. I used to work with conda/anaconda while working with python.

From experience using RKWard with git (RKWard supports project management quite will
with git) is for me the best option since there is close to no trouble when working with R
and the packages from CRAN, git, bioconductor and so on.

Are you using R and python simultaneously in projects (e.g., via reticulate)?

> I think it would be great if I could
> use Rkward together with my conda environments.

Would you be so kind to illustrate the use case? I cannot see it at the moment.

> I wish Rkward would support conda!
>

> All the best,
>
> Charlotte

All the best