Localization of external plugin

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at kdemail.net
Sat Sep 26 10:45:43 BST 2020

Some more insight:

Am Sat, 26 Sep 2020 10:36:35 +0200
schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier <thomas.friedrichsmeier at kdemail.net>:
> I am also not sure, whether there is an automated way to remove the
> duplicate messages.

The software "poedit" will remove duplicates, automatically. (It also
does a whole lot of reformatting, and I have not checked the diff,
carefully, but I think this will be a good easy solution.)

After this, I could compile the message catalog using
update_plugin_messages.py. However the follow-up problem is that the
"sub"-plugin maps do not inherit the translation, automatically. I will
admit that the documentation is highly misleading at this point (I'll
fix it), but for each <require>d (rather than <include>d) pluginmap,
you'll have to specify po_id="rkTeaching", explicitly.

With that, your translations are working.