Stefan Rödiger [GMX]
stefan_roediger at gmx.de
Tue Mar 31 12:10:32 BST 2020
On 30.03.20 12:59, Thomas Friedrichsmeier wrote:
> I have finally added a (basic) configuration dialog that allows you to
> load any installed kate plugin. I'd like to invite you all to play with
> that, and perhaps you have some feedback on (among other things):
For those who do not know where to find them:
1) Open a script file (menu button or Ctrl + N)
2) Switch to the script window
3) Settings -> Configure Script Editor
4) Look for: Add-ons - Kate Plugins
> - Beside the three plugins that I've enabled, by default, are there
> others that are particularly useful to you? Enough to warrant
> enabling them by default?
Some of them are not (yet?) supported. For example Symbol list. Maybe
this needs to be filtered unless there are use cases I don't know of.
I can make immediate use of:
- Document Switcher and - Document Tree View
- Document Preview (for me, working great for bib, md files. ok for
HTML,not working for PDF, docx, odt, Rmd (albeit possible via new preview) )
- Text Filter
- Close Except/Like Plugin
- Terminal Tool View
- Symbol Viewer Plugin *might* come handy if users combine R code with
python ... (via the reticulate the package?)
> - Should we have a separate category of "recommended" kate plugins
> (that look useful, and are known to work reasonably well)? Should we
> hide kate plugins that look useless in the context of RKWard?
> - For those plugins that do look useful to you, which UI quirks need
> to be addressed?
- Document Preview is way more useful if users easily are able to open
other file types via the File menu. An additional entry besides Open R
Script File ... might do the trick.
> Thanks for your thoughts!
More information about the rkward-devel