Kate plugins

Stefan Rödiger [GMX] stefan_roediger at gmx.de
Fri Apr 3 22:51:59 BST 2020

On 03.04.20 15:54, Thomas Friedrichsmeier wrote:
> Hi,
Hi

> On Tue, 31 Mar 2020 13:10:32 +0200
> Stefan Rödiger [GMX] <stefan_roediger at gmx.de> wrote:
> [...]
>> For those who do not know where to find them:
> [...]
>
> yes, thanks for the instructions. You can also get there more directly
> via Settings->Configure RKWard, and then selecting the Add-ons page.
Thanks

>> Some of them are not (yet?) supported. For example Symbol list. Maybe
>> this needs to be filtered unless there are use cases I don't know of.
> As far as I understand "Symbol list" simply supports a certain set of
> languages, and R is not among those. I suppose, in theory it could be
> useful, e.g. if users are developing an package containing C code.
Yes, this might be the case.

>> I can make immediate use of:
> [...]
>
>>> - Should we have a separate category of "recommended" kate plugins
>>>   (that look useful, and are known to work reasonably well)? Should
>>> we hide kate plugins that look useless in the context of RKWard?
>> yes
> Ok, for now I've highlighted some "useful" plugins in bold. Thinking
> about it, I did not yet hide anything, so everybody can take a look.
that is a good approach

>>> - For those plugins that do look useful to you, which UI quirks need
>>>   to be addressed?
>> - Document Preview is way more useful if users easily are able to open
>> other file types via the File menu. An additional entry besides Open R
>> Script File ... might do the trick.
> Good point. How would everybody feel about renaming that action to
> "Open File", with a default extentions filter for R script files that
> can also be changed to any file.
I would be fine with that. It would be great to include *.Rmd to the list.

> BTW: Did you find any time for the snippets? Even if it's not
> "complete", I think it would really be helpful to provide a small
> selection for a start.

Yes, I have. Junks work nicely for example I have an issue with the YAML
header (indentation gets lost) that I could not sort out so far. Right
now I am using this snippets tool more intensively for the preparation
of my statistics lecture script (in combination with the tufte package).
I would like to work and test some more combinations of junks and other
snippets.

> Regards
> Thomas

Regards