issue with completion for S4 objects

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Feb 18 19:11:11 GMT 2019

Hi,

On Mon, 18 Feb 2019 18:04:04 +0100
meik michalke <meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 17. Februar 2019, 16:42:00 CET schrieb Thomas
> Friedrichsmeier:
> > New completion now in master, starting to look goo, IMO.
>
> cool! wasn't able to test much, but it seems my cursor up/down keys
> are "blocked" many times as soon as a functions context menu shows
> up. i simply can't move freely in the document any more then. i can
> hit <esc> and it works again, but only until the next context menu
> appears. is that caused by the latest additions?

I guess the problem is not new, but more prominent now, because the
completion-windows are on-screen more often (in particular the
"calltip"). I'm a bit unsure on the best way out of this. I have
experimented a bit, and I _could_ catch up/down presses and make sure
they end up as text navigation, instead. But of course then that would
break navigation among the completion items. (We could go with
Alt+up/down for navigating completion items, but that does not seem
easily discoverable).

Ideas / thoughts?