issue with completion for S4 objects

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Feb 15 21:14:14 GMT 2019

Hi,

On Tue, 22 Jan 2019 15:32:05 +0100
meik michalke <meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:
> what i'd find even more exciting is if tab completion would become
> possible for function arguments as well. there's currently only code
> hinting, but you still have to type all yourself, which for long
> options like "stringsAsFactors" is kind of annoying. if
> formals(data.frame) would be triggered by a tab inside data.frame(),
> couldn't autocompletion be offered here as well?

well, this took me much longer than expected. (The real source of
frustration was trying to integrate the formals()-calltip into the kate
completion). But, finally, I have something to show.

In a work branch for now: work/unified_hinting2 (note the "2" at the
end, I reached a dead end, earlier). Also all still in command editor,
only, but the plan would be to use the same for the console, once I've
taken care of the Tab-behavior.

Also configuration options are still missing - and you still need to
find all the bugs in need of fixing ;)