RKWard is in kdereview

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sat Oct 6 14:45:39 BST 2018

Hi!

KDE.org has been our home for a almost four years, now (after over a
decade on sourceforge), but somehow I've kept procrastinating on the
final step: Today I'd like to ask you to start reviewing RKWard for
inclusion into exragear (coming from playground).

RKWard is an easy to use and easily extensible IDE/GUI for R (a
powerful language and environment for statistical computing, if you
did not know it, yet). It aims to combine the power of the
R-language with the ease of use of commercial statistics tools.

RKWard is used productively on Linux/BSD, Mac, and Windows.

We have quite a heavy code-base, and some of it dates back to the time
when KDE 3.0 was still fresh. I guess reviewing this will not be an
easy task, and honestly I have no idea where I would recommend you to
start. So please just ask whatever you need to know, and I'll try my
best to help you around.

Looking forward to your feedback!

Thomas Friedrichsmeier
for the RKWard team