markdown highlighting

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sat Mar 31 18:10:31 UTC 2018

Hi,

On Sat, 31 Mar 2018 12:14:31 +0200
meik michalke <meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:
> > Could you once more give the _exact_ steps you take to reproduce?
> > Perhaps there's still some path that has not occurred to me, yet.
>
>  1. launch RKWard
>  2. open the file browser to the left
>  3. go to a vignette folder of an R package
> (e.g. .../koRpus/vignettes/) 4. klick in an *.Rmd file (hiere:
> koRpus/vignettes/koRpus_vignette.Rmd)
>
> the file opens up without highlighting on my machine.

I still don't get it. I even installed the development version of
koRpus (mine still had a latex vignette), but following these exact
steps, I get correct highlighting, for this and all other .rmd/.Rmd
files.

My frameworks version is pretty old (5.18). Not sure, whether it might
have anything to do with that. Can anybody else reproduce the problem
(with a recent development snapshot)?

Ideas to try / second check:

1. Try a few other types of files. Do all get correct highlighting?
2. Can you set R Markdown highlighting manually? Does the setting
persist after closing / reopening the file?
3. Check the ktexteditor config inside RKWard (the one you get when a
script window is active, then Settings->Configure Editor). Page
Open/Save, tab Modes & Highlights, does Markup/R Markdown list the
correct extensions?
3b. Add some silly extension like "*.fortestingonly", copy an rmd-file
to such a name, and try opening that.
3c. Move ./config/rkwardrc out of the way, and try in a fresh session.
4. Look at the debug output for any hints.

Note: For all testing, the safest/most reliable option will be to open
files that you have not opened before. So create a bunch of copies with
different file names, and use those one after the other, just to be
sure.

Hope one of these turns up something.