links to plugin docs broken

Thomas Friedrichsmeier Thomas.Friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Aug 15 21:24:24 BST 2018

Hi!

On 2018-08-13 18:33, Yuri Chornoivan wrote:
> понеділок, 13 серпня 2018 р. 13:07:10 EEST meik michalke написано:
>> oh, well... firstly, konqueror was not installed, maybe not part of a
>> standard KDE installation any longer? maybe the whole mechanism was
>> replaced with something different in KF5?
>>
>> i installed it manually and got a really recursive error page in
>> konqueror:

[...]

> Yes, Konqueror is not a part of the default installation. And by
> default, it
> uses Qt WebEngine as an HTML engine. It should be switched to KHTML
> (Settings
> -> Configure Konqueror -> Default we browser engine: KHTML). Only then
> it is
> able to display "help:/rkwardplugins" on my KF5-based KDE (KF5 5.42,
> Applications 17.12, self-compiled RKWard from git/master).

Meik, can you confirm that you can see the documentation using this
procedure?
To clarify, this should _not_ be needed to view the documentation inside
RKWard, but I'm trying to figure out whether the problem is the help:/
kio-rendering, or whether it is a failure to find RKWard documentation
(probably installed to a wrong location). kio-help rendering should be
provided by kdoctools5, I believe.

> P. S. Can RKWard at last be moved to extragear-edu to use docs.kde.org
> for all
> of its help files and their translations?

Point taken, and these days it is indeed a good idea to remind me of the
next
steps... Anyway I'll probably need another two weeks or so, before I
will have
the time for this.