links to plugin docs broken

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Mon Aug 13 17:33:10 BST 2018

понеділок, 13 серпня 2018 р. 13:07:10 EEST meik michalke написано:
> hi,
>
> Am Sonntag, 12. August 2018, 20:15:12 CEST schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> > Maybe it's some installation thing, but I have no Ubuntu VM at hand for
> > testing.
> > What happens when you enter help:/rkwardplugins/ in dolphin? (It should
> > launch a
> > konqi window with the help page).
>
> oh, well... firstly, konqueror was not installed, maybe not part of a
> standard KDE installation any longer? maybe the whole mechanism was
> replaced with something different in KF5?
>
> i installed it manually and got a really recursive error page in konqueror:
>
> help:/rkwardplugins/khelpcenter/documentationnotfound/khelpcenter/
> documentationnotfound/khelpcenter/documentationnotfound/khelpcenter/
> documentationnotfound/khelpcenter/documentationnotfound/khelpcenter/
> documentationnotfound/khelpcenter/documentationnotfound/khelpcenter/
> documentationnotfound/khelpcenter/documentationnotfound/khelpcenter/
> documentationnotfound/index.html
>
> > Do you have khelpcenter installed, and does installing it help any,
> > otherwise?
>
> khelpcenter was already installed.
>

> viele grüße :: m.eik

Hi,

Yes, Konqueror is not a part of the default installation. And by default, it
uses Qt WebEngine as an HTML engine. It should be switched to KHTML (Settings
-> Configure Konqueror -> Default we browser engine: KHTML). Only then it is
able to display "help:/rkwardplugins" on my KF5-based KDE (KF5 5.42,
Applications 17.12, self-compiled RKWard from git/master).

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Yuri

P. S. Can RKWard at last be moved to extragear-edu to use docs.kde.org for all
of its help files and their translations?