Trouble installing rk.anova again...

Thomas Friedrichsmeier Thomas.Friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sat Jul 29 07:46:13 UTC 2017

On 2017-07-29 09:26, Aaron Batty wrote:
> Ugh, sorry for the delay. Nothing was set up on this thing because I
> usually boot Ubuntu on it. There is nothing as thoroughly obnoxious as
> an enterprise-managed Windows machine.
>
> Anyway, it looks like rk.anova is installed by default, but the
> problem comes up when trying to install ez:
>
> Warning: package 'ez' was built under R version 3.2.5
> Error in loadNamespace(j <- i[[1L]], c(lib.loc, .libPaths()),
> versionCheck = vI[[j]]) :
>   there is no package called 'Matrix'
> Error in eval(expr, envir, enclos) : could not find function "ezANOVA"
> When I tried to just let it run, it didn't say it couldn't find ez,
> but when I try running it now, it says it can't. Also, there was some
> error about not being able to uninstall Matrix first...
>
> I put in the https repository, but that didn't change anything (of
> course--that's just for the RK packages, right?).

Yes. Doesn't help the issue that CRAN no longer has packages for 3.2.x

> What can we do? I'm expecting mostly Windows users among these
> students...

Like I said, the options are
a) Use the 0.7.0 preview on Windows. This "should" work, but you'll have
some minor UI differences between that and 0.6.5b on Mac.
b) Roll your own bundle with R 3.3.3 as outlined in my previous mail.
c) Wait for me to do this. In fact I'm just getting started to, but I
cannot promise when I will get around to finish this.

[...]

>> So sorry to be down to the wire on this. I have been watching the
>> dev list and site and since there hasn't been a new version since
>> last fall, I didn't think I needed to check everything again. I'm
>> lucky that I had to make a new final for this course and wanted to
>> generate the model answers, which led me to the problem...

Yeah, totally annoying when things just break behind (y)our back(s).
Don't worry, we'll find a workable solution before Monday.

(And staying on top will become considerably easier, once we finally
have a KF5-based 0.7.0, and can work with a supported toolchain, again;
we're mostly just missing some build scripts on Mac, and some finishing
touches, there).