Trouble installing rk.anova again...

Thomas Friedrichsmeier Thomas.Friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Jul 28 20:41:07 UTC 2017

Hi Aaron,

On 2017-07-28 04:29, Aaron Batty wrote:
> Thomas:
>
> Thanks! The https URL works. I'll just have the students do that on
> the first day and all will be fine.

an ugly afterthought: You do have some Windows users among your
students, right? You may run into trouble, here, as the Windows bundle
still has R 3.2.3, and AFAIK, CRAN only has packages for R3.3+, today.
(Stefan has been bugging me about providing an update, but...)

When does your course start? If it's really soon, you'll probably have
to go with the frameworks preview for Windows (see
https://rkward.kde.org/Windows). It's reported to work rather well, but
of course there will be _some_ differences. If that is not too late, I
_might_ get around to create an updated bundle for 0.6.5b, tomorrow. Or
you could roll one yourself, by unpacking the bundle, updating the R
inside of it (better to 3.3, only), and then running RKWard's "custom
installer" on top of that.