Is it possible to improve generating .pot files from English .docbook files?

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Jan 30 14:42:00 UTC 2017

Hi!

"Upstream" developer / documentation writer, here.

On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 18:23:27 +0100
Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> TBH I'm not sure what the problem is, is the problem that there are
> some extracted tests that shouldn't be translated since they are
> "commands" ?

This is a fairly technical documentation, much is explained by
(code) examples. These are contained in <programlisting/> elements.
These listings contain comments, and a few UI-labels, which should be
translated. However, naturally, most of the listings is actually
non-translatable code.

If there was a way to mark up up the translatable bits inside the
<programlisting/>s such that only those will be extracted, that would
probably help translators a lot. Is there a way to do this?