Option for saving workspace

Pierre de Villemereuil pierre.de.villemereuil at mailoo.org
Wed Aug 16 12:21:56 UTC 2017

Hi,

> RKWard should just behave the same way, making it possible to set the 'save'
> argument in q()/quit(), which it currently doesn't use (you don't get an error
> if you set 'save' but in effect "default" remains hardcoded).
>
> if RKWard respected the use of 'save' like vanilla R,  then even without
> changing the UI you could already customize the default closing behavior by
> putting something like
>
>  formals(q)$save <- "no" # or "yes"
>
> in the options input field in RKWard's R backend configuration.

Although I don't know how RKWard works internally (and wouldn't dare to try to understand it, my knowledge of Qt basically stops at defining a Qwidget...), that might not be super easy and breaks how RKWard currently works.

The thing is: when you click on "Save", RKWard opens a dialog to ask *where* the workspace should be saved. It's quite different from q() which always save in the working directory AFAIK. So, I'm guessing this is why RKWard needs to override how q() works.

This would be super simple and handy for the issue at hand, however.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Pierre