rkward bug

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Sep 27 11:54:45 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Mon, 26 Sep 2016 16:04:01 +0200
meik michalke <meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:
> here's another bug report from a researcher trying to run RKWard on a
> mac and failing to install the FA plugin. the "is not an OS X binary
> package" error somehow sounds familiar, have we encountered this
> before?

looks different to what we had, before. Here, tar throws a lot of
errors about not being able to write files (probably fails to unpack
_anything_). After that it's not really a surprise that R refuses to
install the package.

So - this looks like a file system permission problem of some sort. Not
sure, where R is trying to untar these files, initially. In the most
simple case,

   lib="/Users/t_utes01/.rkward/library"

does not exist / is not writable. So please advise the researcher to
check that, first.

> the reporter said it wasn't possible to submit the bug report
> directly with the mac version -- can someone test that, too?

Not tested, yet, but likely to be the same issue breaking the feature
on Windows (uh, and if I see this correctly, I fixed that very shortly
after 0.6.5, but a fixed version was not yet released...).

Time to push out those unreleased bugfixes...