warning pop-ups in previews

meik michalke meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Thu Sep 15 19:27:35 UTC 2016

hi,

Am Donnerstag, 15. September 2016, 21:02:47 CEST schrieb Thomas
Friedrichsmeier:
> On Thu, 15 Sep 2016 12:25:46 +0200
> meik michalke <meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:
> > i don't know about you, but i would prefer to only see errors there,
> > not warnings or messages. at least, you should be able to close them,
> > or they should disappear automatically after a few seconds.
>
> ok, these now have a close-button.

my saviour! :-D

> Regarding warnings vs. errors: Again, I'd think that is something for
> the plugin author to decide

fair enough.

> Are there any particular warnings you are seeing that are useless _in
> any case_?

i think the warnings in the SPSS import dialog are almost useless. as far as
i've seen, a lot of ordinary SPSS files raise warnings because of some
internal data type stuff that can totally be ignored. but if an average user
sees these messages (and they are quite verbose), it looks like something
really terrible is about to happen.

viele grüße :: m.eik

PS: did switch providers without problems? i'm impressed! there's still hope
for us after all!