warning pop-ups in previews

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Sep 15 19:02:47 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Thu, 15 Sep 2016 12:25:46 +0200
meik michalke <meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:
> can we somehow get rid of the grey warning messages in the previews,
> or at least make them manageable? they're constantly in the way, you
> can't close them, and they are often updated each time you change
> some setting.
>
> i don't know about you, but i would prefer to only see errors there,
> not warnings or messages. at least, you should be able to close them,
> or they should disappear automatically after a few seconds.

ok, these now have a close-button. You do get the message back, if it
arises again (after making some settings). That could be changed, but I
preferred to err on the safe side, here.

Regarding warnings vs. errors: Again, I'd think that is something for
the plugin author to decide, and again, I was leaning to the safe (if
annoying) side.

Are there any particular warnings you are seeing that are useless _in
any case_? Then perhaps we should try to filter out those, selectively.