order of plugins

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Mar 10 20:16:53 UTC 2016

Hi!

On Wed, 09 Mar 2016 18:08:51 +0100
meik michalke <meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:
> when RKWard detects a new plugin, it is added at the top of all
> existing plugins.

I don't think that is the case? It is true that pluginmaps that you add
_via the dialog_, manually, are often added to the top. Here the
possibly non-obvious logic is to add at the currently selected index
(if any). I could change that to always bottom, easily.

But perhaps you are talking about something entirely different?

> wouldn't it be better to append it instead? adding
> stuff before even the basic menu structure is loaded can lead to
> strange results.

Of course the best practice to avoid the worst mis-placements is to
use <require map="rkward::menu"/> in your pluginmap (not sure the
documentation mentions that, somewhere, or in a place where you'd be
likely to find that bit...).