[rkward-devel] ggplot2

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Jun 20 18:19:14 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Sun, 19 Jun 2016 12:49:00 +0000 (UTC)
Edward Purssell <edwardpurssell at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> I am using RKWard on Ubuntu Mate having used it a lot on Windows.  I
> don't seem to be able to install ggplot2 though.  I love RKWard, so I
> would hate not to be able to use it!
>
> I am using R version 3.2.2 (2015-08-14) -- "Fire Safety"
> Copyright (C) 2015 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
> Platform: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu (64-bit)
>
> This is what I get.  Sorry it is so long, but I am not sure what you
> need and I am not a computer buff!

the following are the relevant error messages:

> Configuration failed because libcurl was not found. Try installing:
>  * deb: libcurl4-openssl-dev (Debian, Ubuntu, etc)
[...]
> Configuration failed because openssl was not found. Try installing:
>  * deb: libssl-dev (Debian, Ubuntu, etc)
[...]
> Configuration failed because cairo was not found. Try installing:
>  * deb: libcairo-dev (Debian, Ubuntu)

Install these packages using aptitude or synaptic or from the
comandline (
  sudo apt-get install licurl4-openssl-dev ...
), then try again. You _may_ run into further similar problems, so you
may have to install more packages. Now you know what to look out for.
This issue is actually unrelated to RKWard, however.