new handling of previews in rkwarddev

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Jan 29 17:05:01 UTC 2016

Hi Meik,

On Fri, 29 Jan 2016 16:46:23 +0100
meik michalke <Meik.Michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:
> the rkwarddev package in the develop branch already deals with the
> new preview features [...]

two small related issues:

1. The preview _may_ be documented in the help page, and in this case,
it has to be assigned an id. Also, for custom previews (if we are going
to use them, one day), the JS code will have to fetch an identifier
token from the preview (for preview-specific data storage). That also
needs an id, of course. I'd suggest to simply assign an id by default,
as is done for many other elements, including even rows/columns.

2. _If_ the preview is documented, while rendering the help page,
RKWard will look for the label-attribute of the element. Arguably, it
should be smart enough to know the default label, but in fact it is
not... Always specifying the label, explicitly, will work around this
problem.