Previews - another new thread

meik michalke Meik.Michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Wed Feb 3 14:29:33 UTC 2016

hi,

Am Dienstag, 2. Februar 2016, 21:34:18 schrieb meik michalke:
> as soon as you want to see both, code and plot preview, almost all dialogs
> today are not high enough for  proper display. i guess you'll have to resize
> one way or the other.

i've toyed around a bit with the correlation plot of rk.FactorAnanlysis.
here's how it comes up for the first time, with plot and code preview
activated:
 http://reaktanz.de/stuff/R/RKWard_previews_right01.jpg

i deactivated code preview and rescaled the plot so it is fully visible:
 http://reaktanz.de/stuff/R/RKWard_previews_right02.jpg

then i closed the dialog, re-opened it and re-activated the plot preview
again:
 http://reaktanz.de/stuff/R/RKWard_previews_right03.jpg
shouldn't it remember its geometry?

activateing the code again makes things worse:
 http://reaktanz.de/stuff/R/RKWard_previews_right04.jpg
we were much better off with the configurable default preview height for code
below the dialog, for my taste.

to actually see both comfortably, the whole dialog must be rescaled rather
drastically:
 http://reaktanz.de/stuff/R/RKWard_previews_right05.jpg
it wastes a lot of screen in the left center.

ideally, but probably only for this particular dialog, this would be my
preferred view, as it makes the best use of screen space:
 http://reaktanz.de/stuff/R/RKWard_previews_remix.jpg
this would show the code preview with the same width as is does until now, but
add the plot right to it. things are different if the buttons are moved, of
course. and we'd need some intelligent resizing rules depending on the
previews visible. i'd rather leave the plot unchanged until one manually
resizes the window. does this makes any sense?