[rkward-devel] Usability progress, testing on Mac

Jan Wort d_jan at ymail.com
Thu Sep 24 07:57:17 UTC 2015

> Throwing it at a room full of Japanese undergrads shows the cracks
If there are any reoccuring problems your students have with usability, understanding the functions and/or the interface, I'd be happy if you could write them to me or the list.
cheers, jan

     Aaron Batty <abatty at sfc.keio.ac.jp> schrieb am 23:32 Mittwoch, 23.September 2015:

 My intro stats class starts up tomorrow. RKWard works great for me on Windows and Mac, but it always does. Throwing it at a room full of Japanese undergrads shows the cracks. We're using 0.63 this time (used 0.61 last time).

Yoroshiku!

On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 3:19 AM, jan <d_jan at ymail.com> wrote:

Hi Thomas,

Am 23.09.2015 um 20:12 schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> Hi Jan,
>
> On Wed, 23 Sep 2015 12:20:07 +0000 (UTC)
> Jan Wort <d_jan at ymail.com> wrote:
>> Some time ago we discussed some usability improvements, in particular
>> in regards to the optionset UI. Was there any progress recently
>> and/or is further feedback or concept needed on this?
> I've been terribly distracted of late. No recent progress, sorry, but I
> definitely have not forgotten about it. Hoping to get back to working
> on RKWard real soon now (TM).
>
> Optionset UI is at the top of my TODO list. Currently I don't need
> further feedback on this (unless you had all new ideas, meanwhile), but
> I will ask for feedback as soon as I have a sketch implementation (or
> two).
Great!

> AFAIR, another "large" item was the "Workspace" tool window. We
> discussed that back and forth some, and IIRC you offered to provide a
> more detailed mockup. Would you need any more feedback to proceed with
> that?
No, I just need to pick it up again, I assume. I was pretty busy too,
recently, and I hope I’ll be able to pick this up again soon, to review
the IRC and mails and contact you/the list in case I have any questions.
>> As well, I'm occasionally using RKWard on a Mac now, so if you need
>> feedback/testing of some function, tell me (I'm running the Macports
>> Version)
> Thanks. We'll be getting back to that. Right now nothing specific, but
> anything you come across that does not work on the Mac as well as on
> Linux, or anything that does not work as would be expected by Mac
> users. Which version of MacOS, by the way?
Version: I assume 10.10.
Does it work?: For now it works fine, but I just installed it. Tomorrow
I gonna help a collegue with his MANOVA and will keep my eyes open for
bugs.

> Regards
> Thomas
Thanks &