[rkward-devel] translations inactive?

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Oct 29 13:52:10 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Sun, 09 Aug 2015 13:28:26 +0200
meik michalke <meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:
> is it just me or does RKWard currently have problems with its
> translations? i can only run it in english, no matter what enviroment
> i start it in.

working on my backlog...

Seems to be an obscure Ubuntu thing, probably affecting systems with an
atypical mix of locales, or something. I did not change anything on
this front, recently, certainly not after working on i18n for 0.6.3.

Should hopefully be better in master, now. Now, I can successfully
switch languages using

  LC_ALL=de_DE.utf-8 KDE_LANG=de rkward

Not sure why both LC_ALL and KDE_LANG are needed, now, when KDE_LANG
used to be enough. But that seems to be the same for all KDE apps on my
installation. Interestingly, I can also start in French using

  LC_ALL=de_DE.utf-8 KDE_LANG=fr rkward

for example.