[rkward-devel] splitting repos?

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sat Oct 24 19:45:18 UTC 2015

On Sat, 24 Oct 2015 13:40:51 +0200
Thomas Friedrichsmeier <thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
wrote:
> (In fact,
> rkwarddev development is not so very independent from RKWard
> development, also in terms of releases and such. Which is a - weak -
> point for keeping it inside the main repo itself.)

An addendum on this: Note that if branching is the main issue, here,
don't be shy to branch, even while rkwarddev is inside the main repo.
Just follow two very simple rules:

1) work branches (branches that are expected to end, sooner or later)
should be named work/xyz (for both "main" rkward code, and rkwarddev
code).
2) release branches should be named in a way that allows to tell apart
what is being released. RKWard release branches are called
"releases/x.y.z". For rkwarddev, I'd suggest "rkwarddev/x.y.z".

Again, I'm _not_ opposed to splitting out rkwarddev into a repo of
its own. Just saying...